AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows on Mac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/4/2018 18:57 (#6554661 - in reply to #6554436)
Subject: RE: Windows on Mac

I would use Windows 10 in your situation. You will not have to buy it if you don't care about activating it and if you don't care about personalizing it. You will get support for all current Windows programs for years to come. If you don't pay for an activation you will still get Windows updates but you will have a partially transparent watermark in the bottom right corner of your screen. I would do this regardless of whether you choose parallels or bootcamp.

I have never owned any Apple stuff other than iOS devices but I am familiar with both dual booting operating systems (like you would experience with Bootcamp) and using virtual machines (like you would experience with Parallels).

Dual booting is a pain because to be able to transfer files between operating systems you need to put them on a USB drive, email them, use DropBox or have a common partition on your hard drive that both operating systems can access. If you forget a file that is stored in a place one operating system can access but the other cannot, you have to restart your computer twice to get at that file. It seems like a guy could manage it well.so that happens rarely but in practice I have found it to be a real pain.

The only real disadvantage to virtual machines (like parallels) is performance. Most modern computers don't seem to have a huge issue there. So I guess if I were you I would start of by giving parallels with Windows 10 a shot. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)