AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back from Vegs..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dbltfarmer
Posted 3/25/2009 00:15 (#655705 - in reply to #655401)
Subject: Re: Back from Vegs..

Texas
Tim, I used Sundance Helicopter. Rode in a brand new Eurocopter. They picked us up at the Bellagio in a Limo and took us to the airport. Had to watch a short safety video. Got in the helicopter and flew over Vegas then to Hoover damm. Did an S turn over the dam and flew over Lake Mead. Then flew to the west end of the grand canyon. Landed on a plateau about 800 to a 1000 feet above the river. Fed us a picnic dinner(sandwich) and Champaign. Stayed on the ground about 30 minutes then flew out of the canyon and back to Vegas. Great sunset and flew over downtown Vegas and then down the interstate that runs parallel to the strip.

The price was 479 dollars per person. I shopped around and definitely didn't want the lowest bidder. I found them on the internet and felt it was as good a value as any. We had to go with a larger helicopter which made it pricier. I am 6'5 and weigh about 280, so that kinda kicked me out of the smaller helicopter. I don't regret paying that one bit. It is one of those things you will never forget. Getting into the canyon and kinda diving towards the bottom is a real thrill.

BTW, in the movie "Oceans Eleven" sundance helicopter is where the scene was taken where they blow up the van that was supposed to be full of money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)