AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Arduino Enthusiasts - Remote for 3 button door openers and lights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/22/2018 08:17 (#6596206 - in reply to #6595504)
Subject: RE: Arduino Enthusiasts - Remote for 3 button door openers and lights

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In all honesty, I may not actually put this into use. My shop door uses a dedicated remote system that I put together several years ago. It consists of four channel remote fobs that control the UP, DOWN and STOP functions of the door and toggle the lights with the fourth button via a four channel receiver. That system works very well.

My cost increased for the that project since I desired many fobs so that I could have one on each vehicle that might enter the shop. That system allows for 15 or 16 at some $20 apiece. In that sense the phone approach would be cheaper since the app on the phone(s) is free. The dedicated system uses a rolling code so it will respond only to "paired" remote fobs. My phone setup with the Arduino would respond to a phone with the app so it would not be quite so secure. The security issue is not a major concern. The likely hood of some bad guy having the app on their phone and choosing it properly is quite slight.

I am able to use the GarageMate system for a single push button system with this opener that uses a phone app and Bluetooth. I am not able to STOP the door or toggle the lights with that arrangement through the phone. That arrangement would be more secure since it requires that each phone be "paired" with the receiver.

In other words I have two remote systems one with dedicated fobs and another using a phone already so actually installing the Arduino system would be redundant. I messed with the Arduino approach mainly to see if I could make it work. I took pictures and saved notes in case I actually want to do this some time.

I likely will use the Arduino board, 1Sheeld and relay board for checking the boom sections on my sprayer. The Arduino, 1Sheeld and relay board would be the same. The program is different and I could use the same section of the App as I chose for the opener but would likely use a different section of the phone app that displays a number keypad. That way I would use key 1 for section 1 ON, key 2 for section 2 ON, key 3 for section 3 ON, key "A" for all sections ON and key 0 for all sections OFF. My relay board could work for four sections. If more individual sections were desired, larger relay boards are available. The program could easily be modified.

The Bluetooth range is somewhat limited which is fine in the case of the sprayer remote.

Edited by tedbear 2/22/2018 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)