AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

QuickBooks in agriculture...in other places
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Flagship
Posted 2/23/2018 06:01 (#6598482 - in reply to #6597751)
Subject: RE: QuickBooks in agriculture...in other places

> i have no idea why they wouldn't let you post this and more like it.

Running a Web forum that is actually useful is always a balance between member posts and more commercial posts. Commercial posts can range anywhere from great information...to SPAM. So placing limits on commercial-seeming announcements, etc., is reasonable; without them, forums get clogged with so much SPAM that they're not useful to anyone. Members tire of wading through all of the junk posts and eventually drift away, sometimes killing the forum itself for lack of participation.

> couple questions:
> are your books up to date with the most current quick books version, i believe i am on 18 pro now.

The general answer to this, is that the core accounting features of QuickBooks have not changed for a long, long time. Menu and windows change, and little features are added, but the overall approach to using QuickBooks has not changed much since the days when it was available on MS-DOS!

So...

Volume I of The QuickBooks Farm Accounting Cookbook™ series is quite old. We ship it with an addendum sheet that talks about differences in menu organization in newer versions. But the QuickBooks setup guidelines, tips, and "recipes" for specific kinds of agricultural transactions are still appropriate. (Despite its age, our overall return rate is under 3%, and some of that is due to people who, for instance, use the Mac version of QuickBooks and found the books were for Windows versions, or who were only considering QuickBooks and decided not to use it, etc.)

By the way, Volume I won't be updated until after we get other volumes released on specific topic areas like resale livestock, working with QuickBooks and your tax preparer, etc.

Volume II was released a year ago and is fully current. (Nothing covered in the book has changed from QuickBooks 2017 to 2018 editions.)

The Online Banking book is a couple years old, and that area of QuickBooks features is more in flux, so it is less current as far as menus and some procedures go. Its main value though, is in showing how to approach bank and credit card transaction downloading--what you should and shouldn't do--and that much is still current.

> does a person order your books on your website or can the be ordered on amazon or similar?

Either--they're available from our Web site (www.goflagship.com) or from Amazon.com.

Our price + shipping is slightly below Amazon's (even for Amazon Prime members). Also, we offer discounts when two or more of the books are purchased together as a bundle, which Amazon doesn't.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)