AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CAT 6 Ends and testing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 2/24/2018 21:56 (#6603002 - in reply to #6599561)
Subject: RE: CAT 6 Ends and testing

Central Nebraska

I've crimped many hundreds of Cat5e and 6 ends.  Once you learn the wire order and have the correct tools to strip the wire jacket it goes pretty fast.  Make sure you know if you're using 568a or 568b wiring standard if you're terminating one end of an existing cable.  The industry standard has generally moved to 568b. 

White orange, orange, white green, blue, white blue, green, white brown brown

I get most of my ends from monoprice, unless I need a jacketed terminal for outdoor applications where a grounded terminal and ESD drain wire are needed.  The I use Ubiquiti.  Shireen is good too.  I good ratcheting crimper is a must if you're doing many ends.  The end doesn't know or care it is a POE application.  I don't generally test cables I make myself as I've done so many but if I'm working on somebody else's wiring I always check.  I punched down a patch panel at a bank about 6 years ago where the electrician has supposedly punched down all the data drops in the offices.  It took me about two hours to punch down the panel and another three to go back and redo the electricians poor job!

Edited by golfnut 2/24/2018 22:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)