AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Favorite email provider?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/1/2018 14:35 (#6613205 - in reply to #6612333)
Subject: RE: Favorite email provider?

southern MN
When the internet was pretty new, I created a Hotmail account.

Now, hotmail and what it is called now, a Microsoft domain, has npbeen ridiculed for ages. It is your grandpas service, old and clunky and no fun involved.... they had file limits that were low in the past, and their filters easily throw away good email, so,e companies have a hard time including a hotmail in their big email lists.....

On the other hand it has been with me all these years, I have -everything- linked to it.

It has worked very well for over a decade for me.

The spam filters work very well. I get dozens of spam a week, I see very few unless I go look at the spam box.

My email was hacked and they shut it down very quick years ago. I was able to work with them and reopen it and get my passwords changed. They handled that well for a 'free' serivice.

Any of these free email places are going to use you for sales, etc. you and perhaps your email will be on their radar. Just how it is.

I do not have a google account, I don't belong to any of the google services. So I have hesitated to open an email with them. The account ties all your data, from searches, to email, to cloud, to the other big services they own all together, into a nice background file on you.

Again, Microsoft is doing the same with my hotmail account.

I just hate feeding google even more, when I don't have to. But I think google email offers a lot, if you sign up for them. Probably really the best with many bells and whistles, but. My tin foil hat says they are also the best at manipulating your data for their uses.....

Long ago, I also opened a yahoo email. It is a nice backup to go to, tho I don't use it much. Yahoo has had some really big security breeches of late, and so have become very security oriented. To the point it gets hard to keep their email service working with stuff like Outlook - they change policy so quickly you have to constantly fiddle with settings and means of access and such.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)