AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Arduino Enthusiasts - Remote for 3 button door openers and lights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/8/2018 07:00 (#6628259 - in reply to #6626196)
Subject: RE: Arduino Enthusiasts - Remote for 3 button door openers and lights

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
FSAguy - 3/6/2018 20:24

Is it possible or have you tried to integrate a "status" sensor of sorts?  So that you could via your phone see the status of the lights or doors? 

I have recently installed a new garage door opener that is wifi enabled.  With the manufacturers app I can see a door status (open/closed/opening/closing) and it has a 5-10 sec delay with warning sound before it closes.  I have found this to be really handy for letting people in, making sure no one "forgot" to close a door, etc.  I would like to upgrade my folks house to have this capability and your solution may work for me.

Thanks,

Jake

I have not thought about the idea of some type of feedback from the door or lights to the phone. One difference with my setup might be that the phone needs to be reasonably close in order for the Bluetooth communication back and forth between the phone and the Arduino on the shop door to work. For my purposes this is fine and actually maybe desirable to eliminate unintended door action due to mistakes.

Off the top of my head I don't see a simple way "reply" back to the phone what is going on. With the limited range of the bluetooth, I am physically close to the door and would just observe the action directly.

With your WiFi solution, I assume the door could be opened/closed etc. as well as its status anywhere WiFi was available. In my case with bluetooth, no information leaves the immediate area.

I do have a video camera app on my iphone that allows me to observe what's going on in our dryer shack during corn drying season. I suppose a camera of that type could be used to "watch" the door but ours wouldn't have an alarm capability that I'm aware of.

Edited by tedbear 3/8/2018 07:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)