AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Cafe topic - Your Favorite BBQ Restaurant, Cafe, Joint, Kafe, Kitchen, whatever. .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 3/31/2009 09:42 (#663340 - in reply to #663253)
Subject: RE: Another Cafe topic - Your Favorite BBQ Restaurant, Cafe, Joint, Kafe, Kitchen, whatever. .

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

I don't mean to be a thread "killjoy" but best "man food" I've ever had is at my Friends HOUSE !!

I am absolutely serious !!   He is an electrical engineer by trade,, but his REAL TALENT is Cooking !!  basically self-taught, scopes the net for receipes, makes almost everything from scratch!  He is a real stickler for that.

He makes excellent prime rib, eggs benedict, (scratch made sauce)  Deep fried Turkey for any Holiday, Ham's are cooked to perfection, Chinese, Mexican, American, French, IRISH, he makes a killer corned beef and cabbage,,  his bbq'd ribs etc,, are killer!!  he is not hesitant to tackle ANY cooking project.

He was thinking of taking some cooking classes at a local college,, but he found out his skills are already beyond what is taught in the cooking classes !!

He does 99 percent of the cooking in his home. (actually his wife isn't really allowed into "his kitchen" )  

The biggest challenge he has is the physical size of his kitchen,, it's the typical 70's style kitchen when cooking wasn't that big a deal.    He has remodeled the kitchen as much as he possibly can given the physical limitations of the kitchen area. ( he's also an excellent carpenter, finish cabinet maker,, he made his daughter's beds, and several pieces of furniture! )

All he really needs is a bigger, commercial kitchen !! 

I kid you not all his friends love to come over for his cooking !!    Going "out" to eat is actually a step down taste wise !

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)