AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto Workers and GM bankruptcy-WyDave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/1/2009 18:00 (#665227 - in reply to #665067)
Subject: RE: Auto Workers and GM bankruptcy-WyDave

Mid Michigan
Actually if GM goes belly up it will give all those genius guys that run the union a perfect opportunity to start up their own car company and build a quality product that everybody buys, pay at least $28 dollars per hour to their assembly workers with a 3% cost of living wage, paid vacation time, overtime, doubletime on sundays, triple time on holidays, paid holidays, paid healthcare, vision care, dental care, sub pay for unemployment, employee discounts on their new cars, pension of $3000 a month, cost of living raises on the pension, profit sharing, short term disability, long term disability, job banks where we don't work but get paid, company paid for legal advisors, 401k plan. There, did I forget anything? I hope their new car company is successful doing the above things. What I really think is going to happen is they are pretty much going to be making $7.50 per hour at Wal Mart and feel lucky they make that. There are no more GM fantasy jobs coming down the pike. GM (generous motors) as we call it around here has been pillaged of every dollar they ever made and its gone. No more fantasy land. They say GM has been running a retirement home that builds some cars.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)