AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto Workers and GM bankruptcy-WyDave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/2/2009 13:08 (#666251 - in reply to #666177)
Subject: Re: Auto Workers and GM bankruptcy-WyDave

Mid Michigan
Don, its not that easy as everybody leaving in unison. Do you think I would walk out of a good job because some guy that I really don't even know or care about has a beef with the company and wants to leave? We all sit in that interview room and we have the decision wether or not we want the privelage of having a job that the company is so gracious to offer us. They tell me what the wages and benefits are and I decided if I want the job. If I don't think its fair I can leave right then. Jobs are a privelage. Nobody owes you a job. You can pay somebody $30 dollars an hour and they will sit in a room and want $32. You pay them $50 per hour and they expect $55. If you ever want to listen to a brain dead goofball listen to Ron Gettlefinger for a couple of minutes. You will know why Detroit is having the problems they are. People need to focus on what they have and quit spending more than that number rather than worrying about their 3% raise or an unsustainable pension dreamed up by big talking fools like Gettlefinger. The states have taken on UAW representation and now they have the same budget shortfalls and pension disasters on the horizon as the big three. People claim they can't live on $14 dollars per hour but I guarantee when GM rehires all their new people they will have lines around the block with people wanting to make that wage. And there won't be any pension plan waiting for them either. They will be making $10,000 per year LESS than their retired fathers. Then they will have to put at least 10% of that money in a 401k if they want to have anything at all in the future. I watched the Federal Mogul in our area close and get rid of 500 workers because they wouldn't take a $5 dollar per hour pay cut. Union rejected it. Now they have an EMPTY plant and the company went to Mexico with the work. Now 500 people have $0 dollars per hour and are collecting unemployment for a couple years. Town lost 500 jobs because they all left in unison. I think its a simple decision. If a company tells you they are out of money and they need to give you a pay cut you need to SHUT UP and listen. Stop talking for 5 seconds and listen. Unions think these companies are always bluffing and they strut around like peacocks and loose 500 jobs. Profit margins are razor thin and these companies need the employees to bend before they break.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)