AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto Workers and GM bankruptcy-WyDave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Don Kraft
Posted 4/2/2009 16:20 (#666414 - in reply to #666251)
Subject: Re: Auto Workers and GM bankruptcy-WyDave

That is always the way it is. Business blames labor for it's woes, when management is to blame for management incompetence. Management knew what was in the contract when they signed them. If they cannot thrive, then someone in management is not up to the task. Then the next contract is negotiated and they start all over again. Still the company goes into the dumpster because management cannot manage within the bounds of the contract.

How stupid are they to negotiate deals that aren't feasible? Btw do you ever consider management inadequacies/ The bloated salaries to management and the outrageous perks that go with them? Then consider the wildly reckless spending otherwise with in the companies The fact is you expect labor to pay for all management deficiencies. We got a bone headed CEO that blows billions in reckless spending, therefore you must take a pay cut.

I believe in the sanctity of a contract. You shouldn't sign one that you know is unworkable. Unions don't owe companies a gift. They owe them what the contract calls for. High priced CEOs and management staff are paid to run a business. That means the ability to honor the signed contracts and still manage a profit. If they are inept, then it is time for stockholders to take remedies to correct that deficiency. BTW. If profits sag on my farming operation, I do not ask my landowner to make concession in the middle of an existing contract. I would sell a tractor to make my rent payment. Perhaps the auto company needs to sell an asset and start over.

But then some folks don't think that way. I recognize that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)