AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Migraine headaches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 4/3/2009 05:25 (#667169 - in reply to #666436)
Subject: RE: Migraine headaches

Don,

My wife used to get migraines very bad, At one time I had to take her to the hospital and have them knock her out for a hour or two to get rid of them. That would just wipe her out for a all most a week it seemed. At the time she was on birth control pills, they were really messing her up. I told her no more of those pills! So as you all know that increased our family size! LOL After our last boy she had her tubes tied. Everything was her choice, I told her. I just didn't want to ever go back to those days of those hard core migraines. She now still gets a migraine maybe every 3-4 months. If she feels it coming on, she takes Imitrex. She goes back to bed for a few hours, then she can go to work later.

As a side note a few years ago, I had a bad horse wreck, the horse and I hit heads, going down. I hit so hard it skinned my lower lip off. ( my buddy had to trim it off with his pocket knife that day, I was sure glad he kept his knife sharp!) After that I would get a headache every afternoon. for two months straight. I was popping pills to no end. I tired the chiropractor, no luck. So I had a MIR, they found nothing. They sent me to a massage therapist, then they give me a little electroshocker( the size of a cell phone, that had electro pads you could put anywhere). After that day if I felt a headache coming on, I would put that on, in about a hour it was gone. I only had to use that six times. It finally worked those tight muscles out in my neck. One of those days we as a family where going to the state fair, one hit me. So the wife drove, I put the shocker on. Laid my seat back, and took a nap. One of the electro pads came loose, man that thing nailed me like a cattle hotshot! I about took the front window out of the suburban! The family got a good laugh out of that one!

I sure hope you can get some relief for your daughter, I don't wish ill health on anybody!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)