AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rolan/"popcorn" update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

loran
Posted 4/17/2009 23:17 (#684139)
Subject: Rolan/"popcorn" update

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
We just got home this afternoon from our first inpatient chemo treatment. I'll try to copy and paste what I put on his CarePage so y'all are uptodate, Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers they're working......Thank You all

here's the excerpt from his care page--

We bugged out of IC shortly after noon today. Things went great.

I would've posted earlier but since we're home we tried to make Kelli's track meet and then went right to the dance recital.

We did finally get word from neuro before we left and I guess I'll try to give an official position on the Tumor. It's good news but we're still reserved somewhat since we know how agressive the type of Tumor it is.

The Radiation and first round of chemo has seemed to work, the Tumor has went from first sighting size of 15mm, down to 6mm at the halfway point during Radiation, now it's determined size is a SPECK. We don't know if it's scar tissue or just some residual. That determination won't be made till further scans and time passes I assume. The doctors seem pretty dang pleased about everything as are we...

The really good news is other then the little needle inccident, this round of Chemo is ontrack, and they are now calling it Maintaince Chemo. The biggest changes for us will be we now have to start regular visits to the local hospital to have blood test run as his counts will now really start taking a hit. We do have to return to IC next thursday for an injection and clinical and again the 29th for the same. Then we're off till May 27th?(depends when we get back from Make-a-Wish)for another inpatient like we just had(8 More total)

For as tired and sleepy as Rolan was during the hospital visit, he sure kicked in high gear on the way home and went straight to the track meet and Dance recital. If all goes well we plan on being back in school Monday morning. Rolan's also hoping I'll start putting beans in tommorow but I went out to the field some this afternoon to checkout summer dirt work that had been done on 1 farm and just don't like the feel out there yet...hopefully we get a good shot of rain to take some of the frost out. We did see planters running on the way home and that sure got Rolan excited.

Edited by loran 4/17/2009 23:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)