AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trans TX Corridor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 4/20/2009 07:30 (#686551 - in reply to #686027)
Subject: We must Pray the TTC is dead!

Little River, TX
What a stupid deal the Trans Texas Corridor was and is.

A quarter to half mile wide swath of land taken from farms is part of the story.
It was to start at an empty spot on the southern border and terminate at another empty spot on the northern border.
Have 4 RR tracks 2 passenger and 2 freight tracks. Plus 6 lanes of traffic each direction half for trucks and half for POVs. Have a dead zone filled with pipelines, fiber optic cables and electrical power grids.

Can you even consider putting 3 separate Hazardous Material transportation systems in to a single corridor, and then add a high line to make things interesting?

Exits no closer than 50 miles. Cross overs no closer than 5 miles. All service companies will be on TTC right of way and pay TTC a fat land rental. All service stations, truck stops, restaurants, and motels would be on land taken by Eminent Domain.
To make things interesting numerous laws and regulations in existence were going to be ignored.

Some of the fall out would be school districts would have to be redrawn because you just could not get there from here. In a hurry to get to the hospital? Better go by Air because the ground routes may all be dead ends at the right of way.

It turns out there is enough easement in the I-35 corridor to cure the congestion. The two existing N S railroads are in the process of upgrading their system.

Where I-35 now runs used to be US 81 and was a three lane highway. That is one lane for each direction and one lane in the middle for passing. Trucks were limited to 45 mph.

The TTC was designed to make a number of Local, State, & National Politions even Richer than they are now. All at the expense to the local economy.

I hope everyone realizes this was to become a network of huge easements through 5 areas of Texas, including West Texas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)