AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RAM mounts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 8/8/2018 10:06 (#6918196 - in reply to #6918155)
Subject: RE: RAM mounts

Paxton, IL
I get along really well with the X Grip mounts. I've got some with the B size (1" ball) and some C size (1.5" ball). You are correct that the difference is the amount of gripping area to make the mount more secure. For a phone mount, you won't tell much of a difference between them other than the fact that the C size is physically bigger and therefor blocks a little more of your view around it. Both hold the phone very solid. If it makes any difference to standardize sizes, most Ag monitors that use ram mounts will use the C size ball (which really isn't enough for some of the heavier monitors, but that's what they come with)

The length of the arm you use really just depends on where you mount it. Obviously the longer the arm and heavier the phone, you might want to step up to the larger size ball. I don't have any experience with a galaxy S7, but I wouldn't be concerned with the mount moving on a 1" ball even if I had my iphone 7 with a lifeproof case out on a 12" arm.

As far as suction cup mounts go, I've never been a big fan of any that I've used. I haven't used any of the RAM mount suction cups though, they may be stronger/better quality. But I don't think any of them are really designed to handle bouncing around in a tractor cab. I've had good luck searching this site: https://www.gpscity.com/mounts for odd RAM mount parts. You might be able to find something that would work. You can search by mount style, or what I tend to do is scroll down on the left hand side of the page and select just the parts of a certain ball size.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)