AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need a new computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

farm160
Posted 10/15/2018 10:25 (#7048087 - in reply to #7046692)
Subject: RE: Need a new computer

NE Nebraska
We recently purchased a new computer through a local dealer. We use ours similar to you. Per their recommendation we got a Dell OptiPlex 3050 Mini-tower. Intel core I5-7500. Windows 10. Hard-wired. We ordered it with Windows Home and Business because we had a really old version of Excel we were using. I'm using our old monitor. I like the mini tower - it's smaller than our prior computer which was about 7 years old. Still a lot of cords to deal with.
Occasionally people recommend an HP or all-in-one, and we have one of those that we use at our house strictly for personal use & web surfing. It's great because it has fewer cords, but I'd never get an all-in-one for business or office use. I really like the HP though and that's what I had at my office prior to this new one but dealer only works with Dell.

Ordinarily I order my computers direct online; however I'm transitioning DIL into doing some of the books and I wanted her to have access to someone to call if in need of help. The computer guy is aware of our business and needs so I valued his opinion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)