AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Red Wing CenterPoint software??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 5/22/2019 21:48 (#7514201 - in reply to #7475798)
Subject: RE: Red Wing CenterPoint software??

South Central MN
My dad has used it for a long time and seems to get along ok, although it is a high powered program that sometimes might offer too much and I know he sometimes struggles reconciling the books just because of how in depth the program can be.

I was looking for something to replace quicken last year as my farm has grown, and demoed farm works, pcmars, easyfarm, and Centerpoint. I was tempted by easyfarm, but Centerpoint's user interface is by far the most modern and up to date out of all those packages. Pc Mars and easy farm both would have worked, but had very dated user interfaces that looked like they'd last been updated in the early 1990's. If I'm going to invest this much money in a program I want to see the company investing back in their product and providing updates.

I also really liked that Centerpoint has "live" reports similar to my quicken reports; you can run an income/expense statement and then click on the resulting numbers to drill down through the report until you get to the actual transaction. The others did not do this, so if you wanted to investigate an odd looking number in the report, you had to get out of the report and search for transactions manually. I went with Centerpoint, but have just barely gotten it set up and have no real world experience with it. Their customer service has been good though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)