AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Turning off Anti virus [temporarily!]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

CGinWTN
Posted 7/22/2019 09:28 (#7628457 - in reply to #7626182)
Subject: RE: Turning off Anti virus [temporarily!]

On your taskbar (either at top or bottom of your screen) you should have some Icons showing running programs like sound, wireless network, date. I have mine in the lower right hand corner. I'm not familiar with your two programs but if their icons are there try right clicking on them and see if a menu pops up showing you a exit option. If right clicking doesn't work try left mouse key. In windows 10 protection you have to drill down some levels to get to where you can turn them off so you may have to do the same with your programs. If that doesn't work. Try holding down the Clt, Alt, Delete keys at the same time to bring up a screen giving you a task manger option. Select that and it will show you all the running tasks on your computer. Try to find the two programs in the running tasks window. High light them one at a time and click on end task at bottom. If any of this works after they are stopped. Install your program. I would do it as a administrator then reboot your computer and the other programs should restart.
In your xp computer did you turn off your firewall and virus protection. If not you might try that and reinstall or you might want to look for driver updates for the software of the thing you are using for transfer. See if there is a update option under the help menu of the software program that came with it.

Edited by CGinWTN 7/22/2019 09:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)