AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Connecting the Fire HD8 to the internet...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Compton
Posted 7/25/2019 13:18 (#7634325)
Subject: Connecting the Fire HD8 to the internet...

Bought the table to be used with a drone..which I haven't gotten yet..

My internet is 3g, the computer is an acer..out of the box is not wifi ready...I installed a netgear A6100
WiFi USB Adapter..It has a drive in the device manager and the netgear genie says it is ready to go... The setup page for the fire hd8 says I need to access the internet to setup the table...It is asking for an SSID number and I don't know what that is...the amazon help instruction says;

"To connect your Amazon device, such as your Kindle e-reader, Fire tablet, Fire phone, or Fire TV to a wireless network, you’ll first need to know the name of the Wi-Fi network, and the password for the network (if required).
Tip: Your network name may also be referred to as an SSID; your password may be referred to
as a passphrase or key.

To find your network name or password:

Check the sticker on the bottom of your router.
Check your installation guide or the owner's manual for your router.
View the wireless settings on a device that is already connected to your network, such as a Windows PC, Mac, or mobile phone.

I assumed that when I was connected to the internet...broadband to go...the installed wifi (netgear adapter) would hook up with the FireHD8..automatically, but it needs this SSID number...What are they asking for?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)