AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our Church got taken advantage of
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Birddy
Posted 12/5/2019 11:34 (#7888697 - in reply to #7888679)
Subject: RE: Our Church got taken advantage of

ND

rosiesdad - 12/5/2019 11:20
SDFarmboy - 12/4/2019 20:55

This is about a computer for the church and its business, and that only.  Pastor can play on his own personal computer....rules...

or do the elders watch what the pastor does on his computer ?  Enough said.

This is the office computer for making the service bulletin, I didnt go to the meeting because one of the elders is pretty in with the Computer business that has a maintenance contract with the church. The office secretary regards me with suspicion, and rather than make noise and get mad, I avoided the meeting. Since anyone is still able to upgrade Win 7 for free, I would have gone that route. Im sure we were told we HAVE to do something by the end of the year as Microsoft support for Win 7 goes away and your computer is 5 years old and probably needs to be replaced. A good portion of the cost of the upgrade is moving/installing all the software and making sure its ready to go on the new computer. I also do not want to be the "guy who has to fix the computer NOW" because its broke and we need it yesterday------ Our Pastor retired, and we are operating with a temporary interim Pastor, most Pastors nowadays have a laptop computer of their own (so Im told)

Well I can tell you don't know much either.  Windows 7 works very well yet and thebeing out of date by year end without support means nothing, as you should not have a reason for support anyway.  We have both W7 and W10 computers, and so don't update for that reason. 

I feel you are getting snookered and that is not good.

Print off this thread and show it to your church members, the member with the computer buddy guy should be embarrassed and hold his head in shame.

guy

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)