AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our Church got taken advantage of
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 12/7/2019 07:23 (#7891913 - in reply to #7888679)
Subject: RE: Our Church got taken advantage of

Elmira, Ontario

rosiesdad - 12/5/2019 12:20

.... A good portion of the cost of the upgrade is moving/installing all the software and making sure its ready to go on the new computer. I also do not want to be the "guy who has to fix the computer NOW" because its broke and we need it yesterday------ 

There's a lot more to having an effective business computer that will work a number of years into the future than just a box of hardware. Does part of the installing of software include upgrades to current versions? What software is actually being used for creating bulletins? I assume there is some sort of accounting program involved. There might have been significant fees to upgrade it to Windows 10 compatibility. If you are willing to retrain whoever does the books, there was probably room to save money here.

When you pay someone to do this, it takes time and costs money. You and I are on the same page; we both don't want to be the "guy who has to fix the computer NOW". I've been there because I thought I could save someone money and it sucks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)