AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/9/2020 16:52 (#8092193 - in reply to #8092098)
Subject: RE: DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?

Alright, I took a screenshot of every single tab and all of the sub-tabs within each tab. I knew I likely did not need documentation of every tab but if I was unable to connect to it again, I would maybe want to be able to know how it is configured so perhaps I could understand why so I went overboard on that documentation.

The entire time I was taking screenshots of the documentation I was also wirelessly connected to the second router and I was able to browse the web all the time that way.

After I got done I took the following steps:

1. I manually disconnected from the wifi of the second router to ensure I was not getting web pages that way

2. I physically disconnected my ethernet cable from the "router bridge" LAN port and I connected it to the second router LAN.

After this I was able to load web pages fine with the ethernet connection between my computer and the second router.

Next I took the following steps:

1. I physically disconnected my ethernet cable from the second router LAN and plugged it back into the same port I had unplugged it from on the "router bridge" LAN. Of course my wireless connections were still disabled at this time

So there were not interfering subnets or anything. There was only the physical ethernet connection between my computer and the "router bridge" configured router.

2. I typed in "192.168.1.9" and hit enter. Nothing.

All it took was one disconnect of the physical connection and I was no longer able to access the router bridge configured router anymore.

Craziness.

On the bright side, I'm fairly confident I can quickly re-configure the router after re-setting it now that I have gone through it a couple of times and documented everything.

I guess I'm wondering if since I turned it into a "router bridge" if it is no longer accessible after you have disconnected from the administration page. It's job is no longer to act like a router. It's job is to act like a repeater and a repeater maybe just isn't designed to be communicated with after the initial configuration?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)