AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting MP3s on Android Tablet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/21/2020 13:14 (#8557405)
Subject: Putting MP3s on Android Tablet

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got an Android Tablet and wish to put some of my MP3 music and Old Time Radio shows on it. I have been successful once in the past but can't duplicate the process today.

This Android system apparently prevents downloading and even viewing files by default. I did need to go to some menu (Notifications?) and allow transfers. Then it was a simple matter to drag the desired files to the Music subfolder.

Apparently the system defaults back to the protective state of not allowing downloads again. I'm thinking I just need to find that menu where I allowed downloads and then copy the desired files from the computer.

Later Edit: I took the Android tablet to some young guys and together with one of them retraced my steps. Here's a summary

1) My Android tablet when connected to a Win 10 computer will default to a "Allow charging only" condition by default. I suppose this is to prevent accidently removing or adding files which could cause problems.

2) The tablet will appear as a device in File Manager but you are prevented from seeing any of the files or folders on the tablet. You are not able to add or remove any files to the tablet. If you swipe down from the top of the screen while connected to the PC, a message "Allow charging only" appears. The message box also states "Tap for more options". If you tap the box several choices appear. one of which is to "Allow File Transfers". Touch the Allow File Transfers button. After that, File Manager will show the file structure of the tablet. One of the folders is Music and I am able to copy music files from the PC to that folder on the tablet.

3) When I'm finished, I can disconnect the cable to the PC and play the music. If I wish to add more songs, I need to connect to the PC again repeat the process of "Allowing File Transfers" as it appears to default back to "Allow charging only".

This "prevent file transfers by default" must be a feature of the newer version of the Android OS as this was not necessary with an old Tracfone that was Android based.

Edited by tedbear 10/22/2020 05:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)