AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Libre Offic Calc- filling dates or series
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/7/2020 11:10 (#8591066 - in reply to #8589740)
Subject: RE: Libre Offic Calc- filling dates or series

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thank you.

I had a chance to investigate the "fill series" options as suggested. There are lots of combinations for filling in a series of cells in about any direction or pattern that one can think of. I tried some and they seem to do exactly what I would expect.

As far as dates are concerned, the pattern can be consecutive days which is what I was after. The pattern can be adjusted in many ways such as consecutive months, years etc.

Besides the Yield Monitor, we use a log sheet from the scale on the grain cart. The operator writes down the wet weight of each load. This morning I created a spreadsheet for each field and the fill series concept was quite handy although there would have been other ways to accomplish this.

I use the phone app from Agri Logic to convert the wet weight or bushels to the dry equivalent. I then compare the results of the spreadsheets to the yield monitor. The results from field to field are remarkably similar. Then again I suppose they should be as our land is close together and well drained. We plant the high priced varieties and don't skimp on inputs.

Edited by tedbear 11/8/2020 10:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)