AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback S2 e-drive must be good, no complaints on here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 5/1/2006 00:33 (#9122 - in reply to #9075)
Subject: Re: Outback S2 e-drive must be good, no complaints on here?

Brian,

Your post made me smile. You really shouldn't have any trouble because you folks out west don't know what terraces are. What's called a terrace out there is just a little hump back here. Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I got a grin out of it.

I remember when I was in college, my roommate lost his Dad and a bunch kids from school all went to the funeral. He happened to be from NE KS where they have to worry about where the round baler kicks the bales out because they have been known to take out several fences on their way down the hill.

Anyway one of the kids from Goodland was standing out behind the house looking at some of the ground after the service and sort of looking puzzled so I asked him if he had a question. He said yea, he was trying to figure out how they got water on the ground because he had not seen any pivots and couldn't figure out how it would flood. I told him Mother Nature had it under control most of the time:)

I sit back and read about all of the auto steer options, but haven't tried anything yet because no one can tell me how it will compensate for a planter tracking around corners while sliding down the hill. I could see it might work if you were running the same direction each time, but the track is going to be different when you're going the opposite direction each time.

We've got some terraces that get so sharp that I have to quit going around them because the corner gets too hard to make. A lot of time I'm running with the front tire on the tractor in the marker track that is set for the center of the next pass just to keep the planter in the right place.

Hope you guys got some moisture out there, we finally did the last 10 days, prior to that we were bone dry. Now we've had over 3 inches in the last 10 days, this last back came pretty nice, slow and soaking. Now we need to dry up to get back in the field and back on some job sites.

Have a good week,
Ray
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)