AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OT cataract operation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bob Blue
Posted 1/28/2007 22:51 (#95896 - in reply to #95834)
Subject: RE: OT cataract operation

If it goes as good as mine, you will think you are in a new world. One , the first eye , I couldnt read the numbers on the truck plates from 20 feet. Went to one of the best and complete check up, no nerve damage (fearful of that from welding ). Laser day, in to hospital, strip down into their monkey suit, all kinds of monitors and checks for 2 hours, lazer procedure 20 minutes ( they freeze the eye someway and you are laying there listening to them talk about building a patio at home,ect. As they work on the eye, you can see clouds floating around and disappearing, never tried it but it must be like an LSD trip.)Back to you private room, another 2 hours they watch the heart ect, come check for bleeding ect, then say wear the patch and come to my office tomorrow. After several days, could not beleive what I could see, perfect 20/20, colors, detailed things 3 to 5 thousand feet away. Bill $6,000 Eye ball # 2, Local hospital, local eyeball mechanic, Go into outpatient surgery, take shoes off and remained dressed, on to cart, into back room, 15minute lazer procedure, back out, sit in chair, put shoes on, drink coffee, 20 minutes he checks you out, see him next day, 20-20 that eye, Bill $2,100. No irration or problems on either eye after surgery. Do wait about 4 months for the eye to settle down if you wear glasses and need new ones. I was able to pass my FAA medical for pilots license but my distance vision was near border line. I do wear glasses for improved distance vision and general eye protection and am perfect 20-20 with them. Had many friends in their 60's that had the same results and also said it was like a new world to see. The first doc told me that a lot of outdoor working people developed the problem in their 50'and 60's because of the constant exposure to sunlite. The tinted glass in the tractor cab didn't slow it down for me. It has been 10 years since the last eye was done and still have excellent vision. Modern medicine is wonderful. Keep us posted Oliver. Bob Ohio
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)