AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dr. Shopping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

wurtzy
Posted 5/12/2023 08:57 (#10226024 - in reply to #10224407)
Subject: RE: Dr. Shopping

Valley, NE
last year, my 25+ year MD retired from practicing and i was on the market for a new doctor as well. I wasnt a big fan of the guy that took his spot, and i wanted to get an office that was significantly closer and easier to get to, so i asked a friend of a friend that worked in the health system world for a referral. She gave me 4-5 guys that would work, and then i spent a week or so doing recon and googling and facebooking them to see what they were like. then i called their respective offices and found out which one had a better relationship with my insurance company and narrowed it down to two: an ex-military combat medic with 20 years of experience in the domestic field, or a younger guy with rural background that calls himself the "Kobe Bryant" of the doctor world, and likes to hunt, fish, BBQ, and air boat. I went with the younger guy and have been pretty happy for the last 12 months. He gets the "have a life and enjoy it" mentality, but also not afraid to give me advice on my weight and drinking, and stays on the up and up on the cutting edge of medical technology.

Honestly, do your homework and it's amazing what you can find out about people with google.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)