AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long Covid and Lyme disease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 5/14/2023 21:16 (#10229327 - in reply to #10228586)
Subject: RE: Long Covid and Lyme disease

Yup, in middle school I had a few days where my legs felt like mush, I had a fever and a headache...........I will never forget walking home from the school bus stop to the house and I had to actually TRY to walk. A few days it went away. In high school I started having joint issues, numbness in hands feet, got worse in the heat or when under stress. Of-course my old school parents thought I was just a cry baby and told me to suck it up and get on with it. By college, all that was on going, but my parents noticed I had zero interest in girls as well which set the alarm off finally. Since auto-immune issues are on my mothers side I went to the doctor finally for serious tests, for a time that seemed to be all I did, found zip. My mother questioned about Lyme and the family doctor pretty much laughed at her. So she ended up finding a Lyme doctor, I ended up going and he did tests.............Lyme positive, had Que Fever and some other stuff going on. The Lyme was long term so it was shots every month for over a year of crap. I was warned it might cause issues later in life, but by that point I was headed for a wheel chair, so I took what I could get. Costs my parents quite a amount since insurance covered nothing, but it definitely worked and I still have issues, especially in the heat, but it is light years better than what it was. That doctor figured I probably had a tick bite around my hat brim line on my head, so nobody ever noticed the bullseye after I probably scratched it off which started the whole thing. Will never know for sure.

In the middle of all this I was pretty much under a rock, everyone I was around went off to college or was out doing there own thing, I milked cows and helped my old man out, but didn't really leave the township.................Somehow I came across this girl who had similar interests to me by happen stance, well we started hanging out together for mostly supper since we both worked late. I was in it for the company she had other ideas from almost the start which I learned when she asked me why I had not made a pass at her. I thought oh boy, this is done with once I explain everything. Well, she didn't run away like I expected, understood and took me to get shots even, which was an all day event with travel and being there. Once the shots started my blood pressure increased instead of being super low, and it didn't take long before she was pregnant...............I will never forget how red her face got when the 70 year old doctor told her she must be good because he wasn't sure that would be possible as bad as I was. But he seemed to have did his job, she is still here, we had another one and life has been good.

Lyme seems to be more in the main stream now, but back then it was like voodoo and wasn't to be talked about.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)