AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns-we'll keep you answering questions!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/19/2023 09:50 (#10235098 - in reply to #10235028)
Subject: RE: John Burns-we'll keep you answering questions!

Pittsburg, Kansas

They still use it where medications fail.

Babies in the womb and when born are in a state of ketosis. Infants on breast milk spend a significant amount of time in ketosis as the milk is high in fat content.

Ketosis is a completely natural and normal state for humans to be in. In fact they should be in ketosis at least part of the day, particularly during sleep or between meals. What is unnatural is eating every few hours foods that spike insulin and tend to keep it high all day long. This, after a period of years, brings on insulin resistance and for those susceptible eventually failure of the pancreas to be able to put out even greater volumes of insulin to control blood glucose. Then maybe many years after the person has already had a problem for quite some time metabolically, the "diabetes" diagnosis comes in. Had the doctors been checking for insulin levels instead of just blood sugar levels, the problem could have been diagnosed and dealt with many years prior before it became such a big problem.

People (even doctors who should know better) hear the word ketoacidosis and become fearful of being in a state of ketosis. With insulin present it is nearly impossible. Type I diabetics can have it if they forget or fail to take insulin shots. Type II diabetics have loads of insulin. Excess insulin and insulin resistance is nearly always their problem (unless they have completely burned out their beta cells in the pancreas and no longer make insulin, more like a type I diabetic). It is an almost completely unfound fear from ignorance of how the body works and is supposed to work. Wish I would have known this 40 years ago. What can I say? I'm a slow learner.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)