AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Baby boy names
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

wffoker
Posted 5/20/2023 09:26 (#10236327 - in reply to #10236169)
Subject: RE: Baby boy names

Ohio City Ohio
I like a strong solid name no matter if its a boy or girl, Biblical names are a good choice generally. We have two boys named Jonathan Robbert, and Jacob Willem, And a Girl named Lydia Jane,

I would not "pick" out a nick name,, They can do that themselves if they prefer that. My wife is overly caution about trying to envision what other kids or bullies would change their name into. Which i am not so much but i do appreciate her doing it. and It is definately good to concider.

I do notice that one can make fairly accurate generalizations about a person's age by their name. Names just seem to be popular in certain times. I prefer to not use those names than as id rather not have our kids "blend in" For example Liam seems to be very popular around here for kids the same age as our 4 year old.

I am Dutch and their its common to Have an Official name and than a Calling name, So my Official name is Willem Freerk, but My given calling name is Wilfred, Once we moved to the united states that caused some small issues as Offical Documents would get drafted with Wilfred, but than later had to be changed because my offical name is Willem, So i have since dropped the Wilfred and go by Willem on any document or offical matter, Or typically Willie in general conversation.

I do remember having a female class mate named Alex, That seemed strange at first,

I also still don't understand why Robbert changes to Bob, Or William to Bill sometimes.........

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)