AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Striped Gophers/13 line ground squirrel issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Johndeere7920
Posted 5/26/2023 06:05 (#10243981 - in reply to #10243439)
Subject: RE: Striped Gophers/13 line ground squirrel issues

Central Indiana
When this happens in multiple fields along every field edge it becomes a bigger issue than $11.47. This is the same thing as letting groundhogs go on the ditch banks to eat a couple acres of beans and saying let them go. I like animals as much as you do but they have their place and if they like mice and grasshoppers then they’ll choose to eat that after a few dead ones show up. Normally never been an issue but this year is the worst I have seen. This is about keeping populations in check and right now we are getting an over abundance of these things running around and it’s time to put them back in check. I don’t mind losing a row or two for a few feet here and there but they are damn near going to take out the perimeter of this field and that’s not ok so it’s time to do something. Groundhogs are getting bad here as well again so might be time to carry the rifle anyway and spend a few evenings on the roadside. Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for upsetting anyone who potentially misunderstood the context of what I’m trying to do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)