AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating cereal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/27/2023 09:43 (#10245608 - in reply to #10245533)
Subject: RE: Eating cereal

Pittsburg, Kansas

Cereal was a staple for me for many years. Frosted Mini wheats and later after diabetes discovered regular Shredded Wheat. Wheat Chex. Wheaties when I was a kid and adult, as well as an assortment of the different sugary stuff. Had a spell when I went after Cream of Wheat. All of it drenched in milk. Wife tried to get me over on 2% milk but yuucck. I didn't much put up with that.

I found out years later it was the milk as much as the carbs in the cereal that spiked my blood sugar. Even the ones with no added sugar but loaded with carbs. When we went low carb and started eating differently found out we didn't even need breakfast, so rarely eat breakfast any more and if we do (meat and eggs) it will be more like a brunch then skip lunch. Found out the fat in the whole milk was the good part and everything dairy we eat now is mostly based off it (cheese, sour cream, etc. - even the home made yogurt wife makes is made out of heavy cream).

But I digress. Yes breakfast cereal was an almost daily thing at an earlier point in my life. I seemed to like the wheat based products the best but I would eat some others.

Edited by John Burns 5/27/2023 09:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)