AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fasting and immune system improvement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/30/2023 09:50 (#10249314 - in reply to #10249203)
Subject: de-prescribing medication

Pittsburg, Kansas

LOL, wife thought that was funny, although I know we are talking about a serious situation.

She has friends that could desperately benefit but she has given up with suggestions of videos they could watch. They don't want to change what they are doing and it is their life and decision as it should be. One of her friends calls my wife now "skinny" (which she is not but compared to the friend...............). But the way my wife is eating is "dangerous", even though all her blood markers are at least as good and many better, she has lost probably 50 pounds, has better energy and feels so much better than before. But it is "dangerous" compared to taking insulin shots and getting toes cut off ******................ right *****.

The ketogenic diet (the real thing with real food - not all the "keto" products sold on shelves) has had more scientific studies done than about any other diet. There are hundreds and hundreds of studies showing it works and is safe. Of course if a person is on medication that may no longer be needed, they need to work with a doctor to de-prescribe the medicines as the person needs. That is a new paradigm for doctors, to take people off medications instead of putting them on more and more. Seems like it might have been Dr David Unwin that talked about how much medicine they had de-prescribed and how many dollars it had saved the socialized medical system. He keeps data on all his patients as a group and it is no small number of patients. Can't put my finger on the specific video right off hand.

Edit: this might have been it. Don't have time to watch it right now and see.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOS_rH8iix4&pp=ygUZZHIgZGF2aWQgdW53aW4gbWVkaWNhdGlvbg%3D%3D

Here is a series for "Low Carb for Doctors". I have not watched them all, but I think very highly of Dr David Unwin. He is the real deal.

Edited by John Burns 5/30/2023 10:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)