AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steady Steer on older Hagie STS-10
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/1/2023 07:55 (#10251993)
Subject: Steady Steer on older Hagie STS-10

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I decided to move my Steady Steer from the combine to our Hagie STS-10 sprayer. I'm not certain how well this will work as planter drift may be involved but I decided to try it since I have the majority of the parts needed.

I obtained the generic steering wheel kit which is supposedly correct for my model year Hagie. Ag Leader has specialized kits for certain vehicles such as my combine which has a deep dish to the steering wheel. The generic kit forces the installer to carefully center the steering ring. The install went as shown in the instructions but we are not able to tighten the 6 - M5 x 35 bolts tight enough to clamp down on the steering wheel spokes. It appears that slightly shorter bolts might work or possibly "using up" some of the length with some small washers might work

Has anyone done this type of install and ran into this? The installer at the dealer said that the last generic kit he installed contained 3 sets of screws of varying lengths. My kit included only one set. Guess I'll see if Home Depot has some shorter M5 screws.

Edited by tedbear 6/7/2023 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)