AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cherries, blueberries and strawberries on keto.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

moon1234
Posted 6/4/2023 00:14 (#10256079 - in reply to #10254748)
Subject: RE: Cherries, blueberries and strawberries on keto.

De Forest, WI
angus man - 6/3/2023 01:46

Are these three permitted?
How many carbs on each?

Cherries? Maybe one or two REAL cherries you bought in the produce department and picked the stone out of. Anything else will be sugar city.

Berry choices from low to high sugar:
- Blueberries
- Blackberries
- Raspberries (black and then red)
- Strawberries

Most other fruit you can have ONE of. Meaning ONE cherry. One orange slice (not a whole orange), One apple slice, etc.

It somewhat depends what you are using keto to do. Are you trying to control blood sugar or lose weight?

Blood sugar control requires a much stricter control of what you eat. If you’re not diabetic and looking to loose weight then you can have a FEW more natural carbs. You should be getting 70-80% of calories from fat sources, 10-15% from protein and remainder can be carbs. That is the definition of keto. Many people eat more protein and less fat, but that is dependent on the person. Some people’s liver will convert more protein into sugar via glucogenisis than others.

Buy yourself a ramekin. If you don’t know what it is ask your wife or Google. You can have ONE ramekin of berries per day from the berries above provided only ONE strawberry is included. This works very well to control portion sizes. This is assuming you don’t have diabetes that isn’t under control.

This is my allotment for breakfast. My wife makes breakfast most days for everyone. She fills the ramekin with what she could find on sale or that looked good. For me I get two eggs with cheese, black pepper and her “special spices”, one slice of real rye bread, a glass of water or tea and sometimes bacon or sausage.

My kids USED to eat a lot of cereal. They looked at me sideways at my meal. NOW I catch my kids eating all the rye bread on me. They say it actually has taste. Wife stopped buying wheat bread as she was throwing half of it away when it started to mold. Kids complain they can no longer eat the bread at school for lunch as it tastes like air (cheap ass wonder type bread).

All my kids eat lots of veggies. People are shocked that the 1.5 year old eats steamed broccoli with butter and pepper. We grow many veggies so they know what good produce tastes like. A lot of what is sold in stores tastes off or old. They won’t eat the carrots in a bad any more. Has to be “real” carrots and specific varieties (yes there are hundreds of varieties. Their favorite is bolero).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)