AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating McDonald's only diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

CMN
Posted 6/3/2023 16:11 (#10255534 - in reply to #10255129)
Subject: RE: Eating McDonald's only diet

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
I love McDonald's double quarter pounders with cheese always have. My go to McDonald's order nowadays is a double quarter pounder with cheese no bun no fries, water or small Diet Coke to drink. McDonald's will serve burgers on a piece of lettuce instead of a bun. It might take a minute longer to get food because the burgers are supposedly "made fresh" when ordered with no bun. I'm not exactly sure what McDonald's definition of "made fresh" is.....

I have been doing a low carb/almost keto thing since January. I quit drinking/eating all sugar, no potatoes no bread, smaller portions of certain veggies, an occasional salad, and drink more water. I still imbibe an occasional beer and/or shot of Crown. I Pay no attention to calories. I've lost well over 40 lbs. and am closing in my fighting weight of 175/180 lbs. Haven't weighed that since the late 80's early 90's. I've went from a snug 36 inch to a loose 34 waist pants size....donating almost new pants to the Epilepsy Foundation isn't a bad thing. It will be interesting to see if I can maaaybe get back my high school size snug 31/loose32 waist pants size.

Blood sugar has not been a issue for me but I have always had borderline high blood pressure. My blood pressure has dropped to a much more comfortable level since dropping the weight. My blood pressure is now even a little lower than it was when I was when I was in high school. I give credit to a daily dose of nattokinase and vitamin k2/D3 for my drop in blood pressure as well. I cut my milk drinking habit down to almost drinking no milk so I figured I better get some supplemental D from another source.

When a person becomes a food label reader junkie, It is almost unbelievable how much sugar is in almost everything we eat. I finally found some pretty good ketchup, BBQ sauce, dry rubs, and salad dressings that are 1 or 2 carb 0 sugar. I love homemade horseradish which is keto friendly so I didn't have to give up my horseradish habit...and it gives the ketchup and salad dressings a little zing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)