AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating McDonald's only diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

moon1234
Posted 6/3/2023 23:53 (#10256074 - in reply to #10255129)
Subject: RE: Eating McDonald's only diet

De Forest, WI
John Burns - 6/3/2023 10:02

Calorie restrictions, if enough, will cause weight loss. I did something similar during my divorce over 40 years ago. Not limited to McDonald's, but mostly fast food.

It worked. Then over the next 5-10 years put it all back on and then some and became diabetic.

The problem with calorie restriction with a diet consisting of lots of carbohydrates is a person ends up being hungry all the time. If a person has the willpower to overcome constant hunger, more power to them. Most don't.

What finally succeeded for me was finding an eating pattern where I could eat the amount I wanted to be satisfied yet foods that would not raise my blood sugar and resulting insulin levels. That involved cutting out most of the carbohydrates and increasing the meat protein and meat fat. Plus cutting out the empty calories of vegetable oil. Lost 100 pounds and reversed my diabetes doing that. Four and a half years successful now.

I'm at McDonald's right now, LOL. I ordered coffee and a sausage biscuit. Drank the coffee, ate the sausage, threw away the biscuit.

If the guy would have ate only the McDonald's meat and threw away everything else (or better, just not ordered it), he could have eaten all he wanted, not been hungry, and still lost weight and better blood markers.

Different ways of doing it. Calorie restriction diets have been failures for many people, my wife and I included. My wife MILTIPLE times. Maybe time for people to try a different approach?

I eat at McDonald’s way more than I should. I have lost weight as well. Just need to avoid the carbs. That means avoid the buns (or if you have to have some bun throw out half) no fries unless you have kids with that will let you have a few and they eat the rest. If soda is calling your name make it diet, even though it isn’t any better for you than regular, just different chems. For me, water doesn’t do it at McDonald’s.

What I do is keep a case of bubbl’r and a mixed case of Zevia in the trunk at all times. If I need “soda” I drink that. Both use natural zero calorie sweeteners and they taste pretty good. Keep a case of water in there too. That way you have a choice if your thermos is forgotten or empty. It also limits your portion on soda more than a “large” drink.

Two McChicken are $3. Toss half of each bun and stack the others and you have a pretty cheap double McChicken that has far fewer carbs and still tastes pretty good.

I have also ordered burgers on a lettuce bed, but only at Culvers. They taste way better there as the beef is 100% Midwest, never frozen and always made to order. Cheese is 100% real Wisconsin cheese. They will load you up with lettuce, onion, tomato, pickles, etc. I only add mustard for condiment as it is always sugar free and usually has only two or three ingredients. Culvers offers broccoli as a sub for fries so I always get that. You can also sub a side salad and get double cheese in lieu of a salad dressing (leave off the croutons (they are just dried, flavored bread).

I just wish they offered something other than diet soda or I sweetened ice tea (yuck). These places need to start offering something Stevia or Erythritol as the sweetener so there is a “soda” option without the artificial sweeter or all the carbs.

Edited by moon1234 6/3/2023 23:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)