AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ntrip on apple ios for rtk?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JHEnt
Posted 6/8/2023 06:20 (#10261354 - in reply to #10261112)
Subject: RE: Ntrip on apple ios for rtk?

Southern Illinois

Our NTRIP client device works on the iOS wifi hotspot.
Any of the iOS 16 capable devices work fine. Apple finally fixed their personal hotspot band switching issue in iOS 16. So iPhone 12 and late model iPads all work.

Our current hardware BlueTooth won't work with iOS. We will be switching BT adapters when our current supply is used up as Microchip, Inc has said this year is the last run for that BT adapter. Its been around for a decade and is very common in industrial applications but is limited to BT v2 by design. We have already done the prototype testing with several variants of the newer BT unit Microchip is suggesting manufacturers switch over to. This is a BT v5 unit.

Our NTRIP client device has WIFI, BlueTooth, as well as 2 serial ports and a basic CAN listening port. The current microcontroller has limited RAM on it so I can't implement a full VT terminal like I would like to do. That will be something we implement in future designs after we use up our current component supply. We are a registered ISO11783 manufacturer.

There isn't any generic open access NTRIP app for iOS. The few that exist are designed to work with only the publishing company's specific caster or hardware device. What I want to make would be an open access NTRIP app. So any user could set it for any caster and use any BT compatible device. Using BTLE protocol its possible to link iOS that way. 

Edited by JHEnt 6/8/2023 06:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)