AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some interesting moisture maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Q500
Posted 6/7/2023 18:04 (#10260808 - in reply to #10259611)
Subject: RE: Some interesting moisture maps

western colorado
nkline - 6/6/2023 17:49

If you watch the maps in winter it doesn’t seem to pick up snow as moisture until it melts. From their website, “satellites, which detect small changes in the Earth's gravity field caused by the redistribution of water on and beneath the land surface. The paired satellites travel about 137 miles (220 km) apart at an altitude of 300 miles (485 km) and record small changes in the distance separating them as they encounter variations in the Earth's gravitational field.”

My thoughts are the sensors have to do with the polarity of water, when water is snow the polarity probably does not change the gravitational field because the charges lie in multiple directions. You can bend a stream of water with a magnet because of the alignment of charges. I may be wrong, but that seems like the simple explanation to me.

Interesting and thanks for the follow up. I seem to remember something along those lines now that you brought it up. Went for a drive today to try and find morels all the secondary in maintained rds are impassable at just a little over 9000’.

(IMG_1187 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_1180 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1187 (full).jpeg (269KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1180 (full).jpeg (236KB - 81 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)