AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deadly Crash
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 6/7/2023 10:38 (#10260410 - in reply to #10260294)
Subject: RE: Deadly Crash

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

chinband - 6/7/2023 08:58 Crazy drivers for sure, just this past Monday, I was traveling down the interstate had my cruise set at 65 mph in a 70 mph zone and out of nowhere, some idiot rear ending me, he had to be going at least 80 mph, maybe more, the impact of hitting my truck folded the mirrors back in my truck against the front doors, he sent me down an embankment, down into a ditch, my front wheels hit the bottom of the ditch, spinning me 180° Backing me into a cornfield. I was damn lucky that I didn’t roll it or damn lucky didn’t get killed. A truck driver following this guy, said he was all over the road for 7 miles, he thought he was drunk. After the officer got done investigating, he used his thumb to indicate that he was texting. I never seen the guy in my mirror and I pay attention with the side mirrors and the review mirror. I don’t know where he came from, but he hit me so hard I’m lucky to be alive. I don’t know I’m sure he got a ticket but he should get more than that. The accident was bad enough, but insurance is worse. I just got my camper on the shed Sunday, hoping to go camping soon, my truck is the only vehicle I’ve got, and the other driver had a namebrand insurance and I think they should replace my truck, which the body shop figures is totaled, with a comparable vehicle that I can hook on my camper and go camping. They will not do that they will not give me a truck because it cost insurance company too much money do that so they you want give me a small SUV. The car company will rent me a vehicle but if you run a vehicle from them you cannot tow any equipment with it. So here I sit with a camper sitting in my yard with no way of pulling it down road. I didn’t do one single thing wrong, except drive 65 mph in front of an idiot texting while drive 80 mph or faster. No one ever said life is fair. Have a better day than me. Rant over!!! Rich

I'm sure you'd agree........that's simply a wrong answer. Insurance (other driver's) should make you whole. Put your insurance company in the fight against his. Let them do the dirty work to put you back together monitarily/vehicle-wise. That's why you pay your premium.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)