AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ukraine back in news
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 6/8/2023 14:18 (#10261881 - in reply to #10261855)
Subject: RE: Ukraine back in news

NE Ridger - 6/8/2023 13:36

havin’funfarming - 6/8/2023 08:44

Last year legacy media sure thought any disruption in Ukrainian farm output was going to starve a lot of people and disrupt the worlds food supply but I didn’t realize it won’t affect us this year.

I agree that the dam breach should not affect the North American food supply but then again one war in a relatively small area that has been contested off and on for a long time already should not have the affect of draining every western cultures economy and military supplies nor should it bring us to the brink of nuclear war. Yet it does seem to be having that effect, this time.

The world is a lot bigger than North America. Any serious legacy media stories I saw on the topic were focused on how Ukrainian wheat supplies the Middle East and north Africa, and forecasted much higher food costs and potential starvation in those regions. I don't track the street price of bread in the Middle East, so I don't know how that has played out.
The only places that I saw saying the Ukraine war might cause actual food shortages in North America were the alternative media and the die-hard prepper blogs.

If you look back at my posts you will find that I never said that the Ukrainian war, or more specifically this dam breach, would cause food shortages in North America. Also, I have never seen nor ever claimed to have seen any claim of that in any alternative news source. As far as die-hard prepper blogs are concerned I have no idea because I have never gone on any of those sites so I will have to take your word for it that those claims can be found there.

Edited by havin’funfarming 6/8/2023 17:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)