AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost checks in the mail
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 6/7/2023 07:27 (#10260194 - in reply to #10260174)
Subject: RE: Lost checks in the mail

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
German Shepherd - 6/7/2023 07:15

IowaMark - 6/7/2023 07:10 We pay a lot of our bills through our bank with a service called Bill Pay, love this free feature. Back in April I had the bank pay our vehicles annual license renewal fees to be delivered on May 1st. Two separate checks in one letter were mailed one for our personal vehicle fees and one for our corporate vehicle fees. The bank has on record the checks left Sioux Falls post office on May 1st to be delivered that day to our local Co. treasurer. That’s the last record of the letter, it’s floating around somewhere. As of yesterday the checks have not showed up at the treasurer’s office. There is a late fee if not paid by July 1st to the treasurer’s office. The bank wants $35.00 per check to stop payment on lost checks. What would you do have the bank issue new Checks and A. Pay stop payment fee. B. Don’t have bank stop payment and take a chance they won’t be cashed by whoever. C. Wait a little longer to see if the check shows up. Right now I’m going to wait a little longer but it’s sure frustrating to have the checks floating around to who knows where.
If they were delivered to the county treasurer, then they weren't "Lost in the mail".  The checks were lost by the someone in the treasurers office.

There’s the problem the bank has on file from the post office it left the Sioux Falls post office on May 1st but doesn’t have proof of where it went from there. Did it get lost by the local post office, local postal personnel that was to deliver it or like you mentioned the local treasurer’s office? I should note my local treasurer’s office is 120 miles from Sioux Falls.

Edited by IowaMark 6/7/2023 07:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)