AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lost checks in the mail
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/8/2023 06:12 (#10261342 - in reply to #10260169)
Subject: RE: Lost checks in the mail

Chebanse, IL.....

We used a local bank feature of "Online Bill Pay" a couple years ago. I used it for about 4 months then stopped using it. Local bank uses outside vendor to print/send checks. There was no confirmation of check being sent or received since your account is debited immediately. However, twice I had suppliers send me email notes or statements showing unpaid balances that I had supposedly paid thru "Online Bill Pay". You have not control or knowledge or confirmation from the check recipient. I will not use that  service again. I discuss the problems in depth with bank mgt. They acknowledged shortcomings.

I prefer, and use whenever offered, Direct Pay online from vendors. This is the service you provide your checking account number, your routing number, etc. John Deere, Growmark, FleetPride, & many other suppliers offer this pay feature and I use it. It is immediate, or you can set a day for the transaction to occur.  You receive confirmation and you can see the transaction in your bank statement (online in our case). Vendors all require that you log-in. I have had no trouble with this service in the many years I've used it.

I wish more ag vendors would use it. I'd like to see Shoup Parts, for example, to offer it. I am NOT talking about credit card purchases. I'm well familiar with that service also.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)