AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to charge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 6/8/2023 06:39 (#10261374)
Subject: What to charge

A farm I recently bought has a woods on one end with the road intersection at the NW corner. This corner is a small house lot/residence of a young family. This fellow is "the village a$$hole" in the community. I have tried to be friends with him and I have had bad dealing with him too.
The aforementioned woods is slated for logging and removal. I have got all the approvals done and lined up loggers and clearing crews. The timber buyer was out last week and the homeowner harassed him quite a bit in my and the buyers opinion about the forthcoming work.
The fellow wants to buy a small section of the woods on the east side of his lot for a privacy barrier amounting to about a half acre. My question is, What would you charge for this section. I am wiling to do a deal and have a figure in mind. My banker does not want me to do the deal at all but if I do, the figure I have is the bare minimum he would like to see for the paperwork hassles.
I am not looking forward to meeting with him as he is a hothead with a temper and I know he thinks he should buy this 1/2 acre of woods for nothing. I actually offered to sell him the entire woods if I got it bought at auction but he "couldn't afford that".
The previous owners of this farm had a lot of issues in the past with him and this woods which he liked to think of as his.
Ideas
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)