AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats this from the granary
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jwal10
Posted 6/8/2023 22:13 (#10262413 - in reply to #10262334)
Subject: RE: Whats this from the granary

Western Oregon
I have that very same plane. I have built a lot of playhouses over the years. I like a lot of detail and the plane makes a lot of 1 off smaller size detail. Now after retirement I am building tiny retirement homes on small properties we bought years ago. All off grid, 12v solar, solar generator, water collection, no propane. Built with RV water pump. The technology has really come a long way but at a high price. I use a lot of old reclaimed wood and old cedar fence boards for detail and make a lot of bead board. The old ways bring a certain satisfaction. Being a farmer that had to leave the farm early and then retire early. I was able to keep my hands in the soil by gardening. Now woodworking is a passion again. I have also built 6 vans for myself and a couple good friends. Years ago I rebuilt a sailboat. We have moved it to a small lake near the beach. Built a dock and tiny house this spring. We are spending this summer there. Many of my woodworking tools belonged to my wife's Great uncle. He loaned some to me over the years. We inherited his tool box. Some very interesting tools that he used for ship building. He was a home builder in Scotland, Came to the U.S in the 30's, then worked in the ship yards during the war in Long Beach California....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)