AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agra GPS CRG
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JHEnt
Posted 6/8/2023 22:49 (#10262452 - in reply to #10262341)
Subject: RE: Agra GPS CRG

Southern Illinois
I would definitely contact them. Johanne seems like a good guy and they seem to have put a lot of effort in that receiver

It should have some type of direction sensor in it. This lets them give the Deere system their pitch roll and yaw values. I don't know if they used an inertial sensor combined with a magnetic compass type or not. Whichever they should have set one direction a forward so if it's showing in reverse then I would bet a software fix will do it.

My only concern with dealing with Deere is how they like to make changes in their software that block external systems. Will Deere ever do something to block this receiver is the question. As an example I 9nce nearly had fully decided deere's RTK data format and was down to just 2 fine range data bytes. Deere knew of this. We were close enough to get float solutions and one a few occasions even a fix solution for a couple of seconds.
So what does mother Deere do? Invent an entirely new data message ID and format. Granted they likely planned for the eventual addition of other satellite constilations but still. Their last message format had numerical puzzles built in that had to be figured out and replicated just to match the UTC time clock to the message. That took me several weeks to crack. So while I have looked at their newest data format and been able to identify which satellite system a particular message header says in in the message, I haven't been able to reverse the data bits. Honestly if I had been working for Deere I would have encrypted the message with something as simple as a gold code key. Attempting to find usable data that way would be almost impossible as you would have to brute force try every byte and bit starting point of each code. A process that itself is tedious but also trying to spot the data in each result would be an interesting challenge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)