AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8310 clutch pedal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

greenejd
Posted 6/9/2023 19:09 (#10263543)
Subject: 8310 clutch pedal

South Bend, IN
Tractor performs and shifts fine with no issues but noticed that the pedal is not all the way at the top. Seems to hang down about an inch or two or so. Easily pulls up to the top by hand. Took the left side of the cowl off and I can see down to that horizontal spring that’s been discussed as needing 2 men and a boy to install. The spring appears to be fine and seems to have good pressure engaging the pedal. I looked at the parts diagram for the cowl area thinking maybe there is supposed to be a spring there as well but does not appear so. Is it possible it’s a cable issue causing this or by looking at the parts diagram is it possible that things loosened up where the pedal rotates and it just needs to be loosened pushed up and retightened. It’s kind of a weird system going on there with even like some sort of master link. Any thoughts are appreciated. On a side note also have a 8100 that the left brake with hang down ever so slightly that the mfwd will not engage in auto. Looking in the cowl area of the 8310 I don’t see any springs in there for the brake pedals either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)