AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JOE…..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sillinoisfarmer
Posted 6/9/2023 22:40 (#10263832 - in reply to #10263731)
Subject: RE: JOE…..

Effingham County
What is the point to this crap? A farmer tells you his crop looks like heck and his corn and county do better than he thought it would, how does that hurt you? When you see pictures like this you want everything else in the state to look as bad or worse? Not even the nastiest farmer in our county that I know would wish that upon anyone. If the I states falter, does that make you richer in some way? If you think the I states will pull through, and given timely and adequate rains, they will; so by all means short the hell out of the corn market and make your money. If, however, you are a real farmer, one pauses and reflects on what is happening and markets accordingly. Yes, we have crop insurance but just like car insurance you don't want to go out and wreck your car to collect! A real farmer know the ups and downs of the market and the emotional toll it takes on them. In spite of all adversity they keep trying and eventually will prevail. A real farmer knows that some years are better than others, and the wheel always turns. In the end remember for whom the bell tolls, eventually it will be for thee.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)