AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gimbal Disconnect
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Standley
Posted 4/17/2016 23:40 (#5249077)
Subject: Gimbal Disconnect

NW OHIO
Tried to fly my Phantom 3 pro today and had a gimbal disconnect warning with no camera view on the DJI app. Discovered that my ipad did automatic app update so figured that was what started my problem since it worked the day before flawlessly. I first tried to deleted the app and reload it that only made my problems worst. Now I can't get the app to connect to anything it won't give me the camera button to bring up any of the controls to do any kind of RC update. I did go ahead and load the latest firmware on the drone and I assume I need to do the same on the RC just not sure how without the app working properly??
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ringo
Posted 4/18/2016 07:30 (#5249322 - in reply to #5249077)
Subject: RE: Gimbal Disconnect

Yorkshire UK

You'll probably now have to update the P3 firmware by loading the file onto the SD card and waiting while it beeps etc for up to 30 minutes.
There have been a few reports of connection issues due to mismatch of app and firmware.

When the P3 is on latest it's likely the app will advise your controller needs doing too - which is done over wifi through the app.
There doesn't seem to be any particular worries with the latest firmware and as usual they list a few minor improvements to stabilty etc.

It's best to switch off auto updates for the app which is easy on Android - not sure about Apple. 

PLO NW MN
Posted 4/18/2016 16:47 (#5250141 - in reply to #5249322)

NW MN
Yes easy to do on Apple also I did it earlier this spring with th thought that I didn't want to update the app or any firmware during the growing season.

Settings-->iTunes & App Store-->slider for automatic app downloads

Edited by PLO NW MN 4/18/2016 16:49
Standley
Posted 4/18/2016 16:57 (#5250154 - in reply to #5249077)

NW OHIO
Update; I finally got it working again. I ended up plugging the RC and the drone together with new firmware installed on the SD card to try to get the firmware to take on the RC. That at least got my Ipad and RC talking to one another again. It then told me I had out dated firmware for the current version of my app and that I should go to DJI web site and download Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20. I did that and then I was able to get the RC to do the current update (Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.8.80) using the app. I'm still not sure how the new app updated on my Ipad since I have the auto update feature turned off.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)