AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best place to buy a drone
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Bobcat712
Posted 5/29/2016 18:49 (#5327216)
Subject: Best place to buy a drone

What's the best deal and place to get a drone
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YotFarm
Posted 5/29/2016 21:25 (#5327457 - in reply to #5327216)
Subject: RE: Best place to buy a drone

Lake Odessa Se iowa
Flying ag
JJP
Posted 5/30/2016 00:08 (#5327687 - in reply to #5327216)

I got a drone from flying AG and it took about 3 weeks with a little pestering to get it and it came and opened it up and no battery charger. Should be here soon they say. The case it came in is very nice and drone is everything they said but the service I was a little disappointed in. Id be Leary to buy from them again.
sthpaw10
Posted 5/30/2016 06:50 (#5327800 - in reply to #5327216)

West Central Illinois
UAVproducts.com is worth a look. They were very prompt to ship and carry a decent assortment of accessories. They're an online wholesale store and are most responsive via email. Phone can be a little sporadic.

The way I understand it they do service/repairs in-house.

Pro's - knowledgeable and responsive shipping times.
Potential con's - They do respond via phone, but have your questions lined up and ready to go!!! Most likely you'll talk to Bob (I believe he's the owner).

As far as paying for the machine itself, my experience is that price is all pretty much the same at most dealers.

Someone might be willing to throw in a service package or a one-on-one training. (Advexure has a one-on-one rep, but when I went to buy from them they were very hard to get ahold of!).

Those are just my experiences from shopping.
paul the original
Posted 5/30/2016 08:24 (#5327938 - in reply to #5327216)

southern MN
That is probably a difficult question 'here'.

I'm guessing most of the active folk here with knowledge are either dealers or associated with a dealer. So we get into the advertising prohibition of this site....... Do those replying 'play dumb' and talk up their own business in third party, or do they remain quiet and let others get some free press?

That's a more difficult question than it first appears, when one thinks on it.

In general I strongly support the advertising bans on the web forums I visit, otherwise they just crumble down into nothing but endless ads.

But on this whole site, those who sell cover crops, notill machinery, drones, lubricants, and so forth often are the most knowledgable on the topic at hand, but need to walk a very fine line of being helpful without advertising themselves.

Careful use of a signature web reference or referencing ones own classified ad might be tasteful ways around that, but would need to be addressed better by the moderators of this site. It is difficult, I want it both ways - no ads but the good guys should be able to mention themselves. :) like farming, if moderating a forum were easy everyone would do it.....

Paul
bkempen
Posted 5/30/2016 10:43 (#5328135 - in reply to #5327457)

SW Missouri
Price? FlyingAg is more expensive than any other place. Seriously, just buy a phantom straight from DJI, and don't bother paying an extra $300 for a orange sticker.

Phantoms are SO easy to fly, and if you need any help, there are plenty of forum sites (including this one) to get help.
bkempen
Posted 5/30/2016 10:44 (#5328137 - in reply to #5327216)

SW Missouri
Buy straight from DJI rather than a 3rd party, and take the money you save and buy some diesel ;)
GAFarmer55
Posted 5/30/2016 22:58 (#5329293 - in reply to #5327216)

South Georgia
If you are looking to buy now. Atlanta Hobby has the Phantom 3 Professional on sale for $799. I have not seen it anywhere else for that price.
mgrin
Posted 6/16/2016 09:59 (#5358652 - in reply to #5327216)

Houston County, Ga
If your looking for a "Total Solution" for Ag then I would suggest Agribotix. They have been great for us! We have the Enduro model, but they just came out with a DJI package.

www.agribotix.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)